I'm working on a post for my Family History Research Tips blog by using a paper I wrote for my Chicago Women's History grad class 11 years ago. I adapted the paper to become a presentation with handouts for the Chicago Genealogy Society shortly thereafter. I thought this paper would be a great addition to my blog about researching women and their stories.

As I begin to retype the paper I realize a lot of the information I provided on my family such as dates and places of events in their lives is not exactly the same information I have today. What a difference 11 years can make on a person's life story as we locate new records and solve mysteries we could not in the past.

I had to laugh a little at the "errors" in this paper but also felt great pride in all that I have accomplished in my research since that time. I guess this is a good reminder for me to go back through any old articles and stories I have written and see how many "errors" exist.

This entry was posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 at Friday, June 25, 2010 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

gencollage

Blogging For Ancestors

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com