Follow Friday - Wikipedia  

Posted in , ,

When doing family history research, or research for my book, I sometimes consult and online encyclopedia,  Wikipedia. If you have not visited this site, or run across it in any of your Google, Yahoo, etc. searches, it is a great site for background information on a topic you know little or nothing about.

I recently used it to search for information on the Army Air Forces School of Applied Tactics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Air_Forces_School_of_Applied_Tactics. As I have been researching and writing my book on Robert Brouk, this area of the Air Force came up and I needed a little background knowledge on it so I could proceed. The site gave me what I needed, to have an idea of what the school was used for, how long it existed, when it was founded, and other useful information. Those facts led me to search other areas which have enhanced my knowledge base and my book. Check it out when you have time.

This entry was posted on Friday, June 4, 2010 at Friday, June 04, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

gencollage

Blogging For Ancestors

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com