More Lost Children  

Posted in , , ,

If you aren't using FamilySearch.org you really should check it out. They add new records daily and tonight I searched again through the Chicago Birth and Death Indexes and found more death certificates for children of my families. These children had no names yet - just a ?? LastName in my database.

So this evening I welcome Helen Holik and Erna Kokaska into the family. Two children not to be forgotten.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at Tuesday, May 04, 2010 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I love the FamilySearch Chicago Birth index, too! In fact, I indexed almost 1,000 of those names about a year ago, while awaiting the birth of my first grandchild (who did not appear on schedule!). Indexing Chicago Births seemed to be exactly the right way to spend my time in the waiting room during my daughter's emergency c-section.

That indexing project introduced me to the ethnic diversity of Chicago in the early 1900's. I remember doing entire batches of Polish, Bohemian, Latvian, Russian, Italian, and Irish families. Do you do any indexing?

June 5, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Post a Comment

gencollage

Blogging For Ancestors

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com