My husband’s great grandfather was Aleksandra Urban, (Alexander Urban). This man has driven me crazy for several years. He was born in Telsiu, Lithuania, then Russia, July 19, 1874. He immigrated January 1905, according to his Declaration of Intention, but could not remember a ship name. He stated he sailed from Bremen to Baltimore. I have never been able to locate a ship log for him. Very little information exists in Chicago which makes research frustrating. Alexander died July 19, 1917, leaving a wife and two children behind. He was not naturalized before he died. I wish I could locate more information on him, but it seems I have hit a brick wall and it doesn’t look like it will come down any time soon.

This entry was posted on Monday, April 5, 2010 at Monday, April 05, 2010 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

gencollage

Blogging For Ancestors

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com