James Privoznik, WWII  

Posted in , , ,

Going through some old photo albums to scan in pictures of one relative, I came across a photo of another relative I had not really researched. His name was James Privoznik and he was born in Chicago July 30, 1921. His parents were Mae, nee Holik, and Jim Privoznik.

I know very little about James, but I have sent for his IDPF (Individual Deceased Personnel File) and hope to learn more about him through those records and records from his Division. James served in Europe during World War II.  He was in the Army's 358th Infantry Regiment, 90th Infantry Division as a Private First Class. James was killed on January 11, 1945 in Luxembourg. Family story says he told his family to bury him where he falls. His body rests in the Luxembourg American Cemetery in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg. James was awarded the Purple Heart.
 

This entry was posted on Sunday, March 7, 2010 at Sunday, March 07, 2010 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Anonymous  

I have relative named Jim Privoznik. Family is from Chicago area. Who are you, and are you a relative?

August 4, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Jim's mother Mae (nee Holik) was my great aunt. Her brother Joseph was my grandfather. I'm Jennifer Holik-Urban who lives near Chicago. I have a lot of information on this family and did get James's IDPF. Feel free to email me at jencoffeelover@gmail.com if you want to chat.
Who are you?

August 4, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Post a Comment

gencollage

Blogging For Ancestors

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com