Follow Friday: DuPage County Genealogical Society  

Posted

If you live in the Chicagoland area, I encourage you to check out the DuPage County Genealogical Society. http://www.dcgs.org/ I attended their conference a month ago and it was fantastic. It has been a while since I have been able to attend anything like this because of busy schedules with my family.

I had the pleasure of hearing Elissa Scalise Powell and John Philip Colletta speak. This was the first time I heard Elissa speak and she was very enlightening about the Research Cycle and the Research Report. Both very helpful to me since I am now beginning to write my family’s history.

I heard John speak several years ago at another local conference and he was just as entertaining and informative this time. I love to listen to him speak because while some of the information was similar to what I heard before, because I was in a different place in my research, new things clicked. If you have not had the opportunity to hear John speak about Naturalization and Immigration records, I encourage you to do so. You will come away with so much knowledge!

The DCGS has monthly meetings and offers genealogical classes as well. They are a resource not to be missed if you live in the area!

This entry was posted on Friday, March 26, 2010 at Friday, March 26, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

gencollage

Blogging For Ancestors

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com